1) What’s your name, how old are you and what do you do in your life?
Francisco Grimaldi, 25 years old,director and videomaker.
Until I was 10 years old, I wanted to be an astronaut. Then, I realized that Kubrik was able to go to the space without going there for real, and so I decided to became a director. In 2012, I was asked to produce my first videoclip. I needed a brand.
Rec. Film was born during a night, with “Lali Puna” as background music. At that time, we were only my best friend and I. Today, we are a crew.
2) What kind of jobs do you prefer?
I prefer jobs with no commission. You have the total control on what you do and you do not have any restriction. I usually don’t draw inspiration from myself. Suddenly, it comes from the outer.
The movie made for the Eternal Eagles belongs to my favorite category.
3) Tell us a it more about the day spent filming the Eternal Eagles.
It has been a real charged-up and exciting experience. The images perfectly matched with the feelings I wanted to transmit. Nonetheless, it has been also quite tiring: I had to run the whole day with the movie camera and the stabiliser. Moreover, the night before I had taken part to a competition. And Eternal Eagles take it seriously when it is time to run ! Luckily, I was not alone. The rest of the Rec film was with me.
4) Francisco and the running. When did you start and why?
I’ve been running for one and a half year only.
I was tired of training indoor and running is a good way to think. I often train on my own, due to lack of time. But when I can, I do it with the Eternal Eagles.
I usually listen to my breath, my steps and the sounds of the place I run through. When I listen to the music, I definitely choose one of the the playlists created by Dario Run!
5) Do you train in order to prepare competitions or do you train to empty your mind and stay in shape?
I always have goals to reach and go beyond. If it wasn’t like this, I would easily get bored.
6) Have you done any other kind of sport before you laced your running shoes?
I have swum for a long time. Then, water polo and rowing. The weight room after the rowing and the boxing after the weight room. The windsurf until 4 years ago and then the surf. I believe I used to play basket, tennis and football in some point of my life. Sport is important… that’s what they say!
7) Three things in your Bucket List.
The Everest, Beyoncé and the marathon in 3 hours.
8) A book that everybody should read, a song that you would listen to all day long and a movie you will never forget?
Book: “Once is Enough” by Miles Smeeton.
Song: “Spaceball Ricochet” by T.Rex
Movie: “Fitzcarraldo” by Werner Herzog.